Our Special Needs Co-ordinator is Mrs. Shelley Sisk (Bed Hons, National Qualification for SEN) and can be contacted via the school office on 0151 477-8170.
SEND Newsletter – COVID-19 Update for Parents & Carers: https://mailchi.mp/406042e7e4a7/knowsley-send-newsletter-january-4777906
Parent & Carers COVID-19 Survey
We are currently conducting a survey on the impact COVID-19 has had on parents and carers of children & young people with SEND in Knowsley with a particular focus on the effects of home schooling.
The extended deadline for this survey is 30th April.
SEND home learning resources
- Children’s books with characters with SEN
- School Mental Health week 1st February 2021
- Oak National Academy specialist classroom
- BBC Bitesize Parents’ Toolkit: SEND
- Chatter Pack
- Useful Websites for Parents
- iPad Apps for Learners with Dyslexia/Reading and Writing Difficulties
- SEND online
- Timetable online
Support for Parents
- Knowsley Better Together
If you have any feedback on the services you are receiving, please tell us. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Knowsley Parent Carer Voice (KPCV) can be contacted via email at email@example.com
Parents & carers and children & young people with SEND can contact SEND IASS for impartial information, advice and support via telephone on 0800 012 9066 (option 2 for Knowsley) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEND IASS also have their own newsletter, to subscribe email email@example.com
- The National Autistic Society
- Explaining Autism
– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwRrVw-CRo A short video called Amazing Things happen
– https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b097bs09/pabloPablo is a series about a young person with autism. This is aimed at younger primary aged children
- A useful guide for parents and professionals supporting girls with autism
- Autism in girls video by Tony Attwood
SEND Review Dates
Spring dates to be confirmed. Please contact Mrs Sisk via the school office if you have any current concerns or queries.
Knowsley Local Offer
Knowsley Borough Council can also offer advice and support regarding SEND.
The Knowsley Local Offer is available on www.knowsleyinfo.co.uk