Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 15th March 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 8th March 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 1st March 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 22nd Feb 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 8th Feb 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 1st Feb 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 25th Jan 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Phonics play are offering access to all their phonics games for free using the following log in details.
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Teacher: Miss. Green
Teaching assistant: Mrs. Westwood
We are now into the spring term. Some children are attending school, however, lots of children have been learning from home! I know that lots of children will be trying their best with their work! The children worked super hard last term, making lots of progress! We have lots of exciting lessons planned across the curriculum over the coming weeks.
Come and see
Our Come and See topic will be ‘books’ were the children will be learning about different religious books and how important they are to our religion. Other topics we will explore this term will be sacrament- thanksgiving and lent. Children will be given opportunities to explore and discuss the come and see topics to further develop their religious knowledge.
In maths we will be learning about 2-D and 3-D shapes, the children will have lots of opportunities to reason and solve problems. We will also be working really hard to practise our 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
This half term our core text is ‘In the Dark’ by Lemony Snicket, which is about a boy who conquers his fear of the dark. We will join Lazlo on his journey of meeting the dark and finding out why it will never bother him again. The children will be exploring character descriptions, story writing, predictive writing and letters as well as many other skills to enhance their writing.
In science we are learning all about the environment. We will be exploring climate change, recycling, greenhouse gases and endangered animals. The children will be taking part in investigations and lots of practical activities.
In history the children will be taking a step back in time to investigate how clothes have changed over the years. They will learn about how clothes have changed through the decades from 1960 up to our present day. We will be comparing the difference in fashion and why fashion has changed.
In Design Technology the children will be learning about good food hygiene rules and using kitchen equipment to prepare food safely. Children will apply these skills when making and evaluating a healthy dip and dippers. The unit develops children’s understanding of the eat well plate and explains the importance of eating a healthy and varied diet.
Our inspired artist for this term is Andy Warhol. Children will be exploring Andy Warhol’s work to enhance their art skills. Children will be learning the art of printing and mark making using paints, pencils and ink. Children will be able to use their new skills to create a final piece of work inspired by our artist.
- Snack is 50p per week
- Reading books are changed on a daily basis. Please ensure you read with your child as often as possible. Year 2 is an important year and their ability to read and understand texts is crucial.
- Homework- spellings and times table homework will be given out every Thursday to be returned for the following Friday. Please ensure green homework books are returned regularly so new homework can be put into their books ready to go home the following week.
- Every child has a mathletics password and a times table rockstars password, which can be accessed at home. User names and passwords have been given to each child in year 2. Please come and see me if you need this information resending.
- PE- PE days are Thursdays. Please ensure children come into school in their PE kits in on this day.