Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 1st March 2021)
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 22nd Feb 2021)
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 8th Feb 2021)
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 1st Feb 2021)
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 25th Jan 2021)
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 5 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Welcome to Year 5!
This year is already off to a great start! All children have been outstanding and have adapted well to new routines and procedures and for this they should be so proud of themselves (as am I). They have all settled into Year 5 amazingly well and I am looking forward to the rest of the year ahead making lots of fantastic memories with them and achieving our personal best.
Our Class Team:
Miss Burns – Class Teacher
Mrs Burke – 1:1 support
Miss McDonald – 1:1 support
Mrs McGrath – 1:1 support
- Reading books – No reading records are being sent out due to COVID restrictions so books will be sent alone in a plastic wallet. Once your child has read their given book, it will be quarantined when returned to school.
- Homework – No homework can be given out at the minute due to COVID restrictions but TTS Rockstars logins have been sent home and will be monitored weekly (our school postcode is L329PF which you will need to know to log in).
- Spellings – A sheet with spellings on will be sent out each Friday where the children can practice and test themselves (this also acts as handwriting practice so please encourage your child to take their time and try their best to join letters correctly). This does not need to be returned to school. Tests will take place on a Friday.
- Snack – Children should bring a healthy snack and non-fizzy drink.
- Water – We encourage children to bring a bottle of water in each day to keep them hydrated when learning and exercising (these can be filled up in school throughout the day).
- PE – Our PE day is Monday so children need to come to school wearing their PE kit with their school jumper/cardigan on. Trainers can be worn and pumps can be brought in and kept in class for indoor PE lessons as no trainers are to be worn in the hall.
- Timings – Children are to enter school through the Y5/6 doors at 8.50-8.55am. If you have given permission for your child to walk home alone they will leave school at 3.05pm. If you are collecting your child at home time they need to be collected from the Y5/6 doors at 3.10pm-3.15pm.
Our Curriculum for Autumn:
- Mathematics – Place Value, Time, Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication and Division, Perimeter and Area and Statistics
- English – Here We Are/Cosmic/Poetry
- Come and See – Ourselves, Life Choices and Hope
- Science – Earth and Space
- Art – Portraits
- E. – Invasion Games
- Computing – Maths and Cryography
- Geography – Marvellous Maps
- History – Crime and Punishment
In the event of a class isolation period (if a child or staff member in our bubble tests positive) or another local lockdown occurs then the children will be expected to access their google drive page and class blog. All children have been given instructions on how to access this with a workbook they can write their work in.