Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 8th March 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 1st March 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 22nd Feb 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 8th Feb 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 1st Feb 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 25th Jan 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 4 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Home learning ideas
Pupils learning from home can access a weekly schedule on our class Google Drive.
Each week is clearly labelled by date. Once you have accessed the correct schedule, simply click the link and you will be directed to an online lesson you should complete.
For Mathematics lessons, children will be given their school Maths booklets to record their learning. Children can follow the online lesson and will be directed to complete specific pages within the booklet. This booklet must be returned back to school. It is important that children do not go ahead and only complete the pages that have been noted on the schedule.
For both English and Other subjects, children should record their learning in their Home Jotters.
Home Learning Ideas
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Welcome to Year 4
We are now into the spring term. Our children have adapted well to their new surroundings and routines both at home and in school! We are so proud of them! The children have made lots of progress last term and all worked incredibly hard. We have lots of exciting lessons planned across the curriculum over the coming weeks, and I am looking forward to making lots of amazing memories and achieving more than ever.
Our Year 4 team:
Teachers: Miss Wynne-Jones
Support staff: Miss Reid, Miss Jones, and Miss Catterall
- PE – Our PE day is every Monday. Children should come into school wearing their PE kit. They will remain in their kit all day.
- Spellings – These will be sent on a Friday and should be practised throughout the next week ready for the test the following Friday
- Snack – Children should bring a ‘healthy’ snack and non-fizzy drink
- Reading books – These should be returned as regularly as possible
- Times Tables Rockstars – Children have their log ins stuck in their home jotters
In the event of a class isolation period (if a child or staff member in our bubble test positive), or if another local lockdown occurs, the children will be expected to access their Google Drive page.
Spring Term Learning
Come and See – Our spring topics include: Community, Giving & receiving, Self-discipline and New life.
Maths – As mathematicians, we will be developing our understanding of the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division), learning about measurement and area, fractions and decimals. Throughout each week, we will also practise our arithmetic skills.
Our children have their own login to Times Table Rock Stars, these can be found in their Jotters that have been sent home.
English – In English we will continue to develop our writing by exploring many different genres of text. Throughout this term we will research exotic animals and create our own non-chronological reports and become journalists when writing our own newspaper articles inspired by our core text.
Science – As Scientists, we will be studying electricity and using batteries, switches and motors to make complete circuits. We will also be learning about the digestive system. Children will have opportunities to take part in some exciting scientific activities and experiments.
History – As historians, we will be exploring Britain’s settlement by Anglo-Saxons and Scot and delving into Anglo-Saxon art and culture.
How you can help?
Read daily with your child where possible!
Lots of times tables practice!