Our Special Needs Co-ordinator is Ms Shelley Lopez (Bed Hons, National Qualification for SEN) and can be contacted via the school office on 0151 477-8170.
SEND Newsletter – COVID-19 Update for Parents & Carers: https://mailchi.mp/406042e7e4a7/knowsley-send-newsletter-january-4777906
SEND home learning resources
- Children’s books with characters with SEN
- Oak National Academy specialist classroom
- BBC Bitesize Parents’ Toolkit: SEND
- Chatter Pack
- Useful Websites for Parents
- iPad Apps for Learners with Dyslexia/Reading and Writing Difficulties
- SEND online
- Timetable online
Support for Pupils within the Community
- Vibe – Junor INC Pilot: Vibe recently announced that a 10-week pilot of Junior INC will be starting on 15 October 2021 at Our Place. The aim of the club is to support young people aged 8 years old to 13 years old with learning difficulties and disabilities, to develop personally and socially in a safe and caring environment. Email email@example.com to be sent a referral form.
Support for Parents
- Autumn Half Term Offer for families and supporting professionals – ADDvanced Solutions Community Network recently announced their new blended offer of face-to-face and online groups, workshops and programmes in Knowsley for Autumn half term 2021. You can find more details in their newsletter here: What’s On in Knowsley Autumn Half Term 2021
- Preventative Support for Behaviour that Challenges – ADDvanced Solutions are delivering a 12 to 24 month pilot providing support to families where children & young people display behaviour that challenges, due to either mental distress and/or a neurodevelopmental condition and are unlikely to meet CAMHS or PBSS thresholds. Support is being provided in the form of network groups, family learning workshops, and coaching for young people. The service can be contacted via 0151 486 1788 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and more info found at www.addvancedsolutions.co.uk
- KPCV are looking for volunteers – Looking for a new challenge? Do you have 10 hours a month free? KPCV always welcome volunteers to join the team. If you have a passion to make a difference for children/young people with SEND 0-25 or just want to help at a coffee morning or SEND event then please email KPCV for further details.
- Knowsley Parent Carer Voice SEND Event: KPCV are delighted to announce that their next SEND information family day will be taking place, on Sunday 24th October at Kirkby Leisure centre from 11.30-2.30pm. To register, please email KPCV.
- Parent support for children who are on the Knowsley ASC or ADHD Pathway
- Knowsley Carers Centre Newsletter
- Speech and Language Therapy support for parents
- Succeed With Dyslexia
- Your Voice Matters – Let it be Heard! (POET Survey)
- Knowsley Better Together
If you have any feedback on the services you are receiving, please tell us. You can email email@example.com
The Knowsley Parent Carer Voice (KPCV) can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents & carers and children & young people with SEND can contact SEND IASS for impartial information, advice and support via telephone on 0800 012 9066 (option 2 for Knowsley) or via email at email@example.com
SEND IASS also have their own newsletter, to subscribe email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liverpool & Knowsley SENDIASS Update – Liverpool & Knowsley SEND IASS are a free, easy to access and confidential service for children, young people with SEND and their families in Liverpool & Knowsley. SEND IASS means Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities, Information, Advice and Support Service. Liverpool & Knowsley SEND IASS provide information and advice about what the law says in relation to SEND, education, health and care. We help children, young people and their parents/carers understand their rights and entitlements. We want to reach more children and young people directly. If you are a young person, a parent/carer, or a professional working with young people and have any suggestions for social media groups, information sessions or anything else – please contact Joanne McKenna, or speak to Adam Wheatley (Knowsley SEND Team). Thanks in advance, Liverpool & Knowsley SEND IASS Team.
- The National Autistic Society
- Explaining Autism
– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwRrVw-CRo A short video called Amazing Things happen
– https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b097bs09/pabloPablo is a series about a young person with autism. This is aimed at younger primary aged children
- A useful guide for parents and professionals supporting girls with autism
- Autism in girls video by Tony Attwood
SEND Review Dates
Autumn SEND Reviews TBC. Dates for reviews will be sent via post. However please contact Ms Lopez via the school office if you would like to speak to her before your child’s Autumn Review.
Knowsley Local Offer
Knowsley Borough Council can also offer advice and support regarding SEND.
The Knowsley Local Offer is available on www.knowsleyinfo.co.uk
Knowsley SEND YouTube Channel
- Let’s Talk About: The Youth Voice Forum
- Let’s Talk About: The Local Offer Website
- About Me: Adam Wheatley (Consultation Engagement Officer)