Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 5th July 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 14th June 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 15th March 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 1st March 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 22nd Feb 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 8th Feb 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 1st Feb 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 25th Jan 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Phonics play are offering access to all their phonics games for free using the following log in details.
Free phonics webinar session
If you are struggling with what phonics is and how to teach it here is some details of some free training for parents
Free phonics webinar session for parents 12th Jan 8-8.45pm
Free phonics webinar session for parents 14th Jan 8-8.45pm
Free phonics webinar session for parents 19th Jan 8-8.45pm
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Spring Term 2021
Our year 1 team are:
- Mrs Reddin ( Class Teacher)
- Mrs Westwood ( Teaching Assistant)
- Mr Rigby (one to one support)
- Miss Jones (one to one support pm)
We are now into the spring term. Some of the children are in school but most are working from home! I know that lots of the children will be trying their best with their work! The children made lots of progress last term and worked so hard! We have lots of exciting lessons planned across the curriculum over the coming weeks.
This term we will be looking at traditional tales, such as Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood and The Gingerbread Man. We will be working hard on our reading and writing skills and completing lots of work on punctuation and spellings as well. The children will be writing instructions, explanations, character descriptions, recounts and story writing.
The children will have daily phonics to help them develop their reading skills. Please practise with your child at home and read as much as you can. The children will be working hard on blending sounds together to help them read words fluently. We are now working on phase 5 sounds. Phonicsplay and monsterphonics are two really good websites which can be used at home to practise sounds.
In maths we will be working on numbers up to 50. The children have made great progress counting, reading and writing numbers over the last term. We will be learning about 2D and 3D shapes, addition and subtraction to 20, place value (up to 50) Measurement (length and height) and measurement (weight and volume). The children will also have lots of opportunities to reason and solve problems.
Come and See
In our Come and See our topics are ‘Special People’ where the children will learn about Special people in their lives and in the church family. Our other topics are ‘Meals’ where the children will learn about the sacrament of Eucharist. Our topic towards the end of term ‘Change’ is all about Lent and Easter.
In science we are continuing to learn about materials and their properties. The children will become familiar with understanding what materials everyday objects are made from and the suitability of these. Towards the end of the term we will be learning all about plants. The children will learn how to plant a seed, how to take care of a plant and the conditions needed for a plant to grow.
In history the children will be learning about Toys from the past. The children will be learning all about toys from the 19th century up to present day. Children will make comparisons between old and new toys, looking carefully at how they have changed over the years.
In geography the children will be learning about their local area. The children will learn about local places/ landmarks in their area, recognise different types of houses and buildings, use simple compass directions and use maps to learn about their area. They will also learn about the human and physical features of their area.
In art the children will be learning about the artist Giuseppe Arcimboldo, an Italian painter best known for creating imaginative portrait heads made entirely of objects such as fruits, vegetables, flowers fish and books. The children will be drawing, painting and learning collage techniques.
In design technology the children will be learning about food preparation. They will be learning how to make salads using a range of fruit and vegetables. This topic links nicely to our science and art topics.
- Snack is 50p per week
- Reading books are changed on a daily basis. Please ensure you read with your child as often as possible. Year 1 is an important year and their ability to learn to read and blend sounds is crucial.
- Homework- spellings will be given out every Monday in preparation for a test every Friday. Please ensure spellings are learnt at home every day.
- PE day is Wednesday. The children can come into school dressed for PE in dark leggings or jogging bottoms, their PE top and school jumper and trainers. Pumps may be brought in and left in school with their names on.
Thank you for your cooperation, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance with anything.