Pablo Picasso – ‘Every Child Is An Artist…’
At St Joseph The Worker, we believe that through art, craft and design we want to engage, inspire and challenge pupils by introducing them to a broad range of techniques, materials and artists, craftspeople and designers. We want to equip them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, explore, take risks, invent and create. We want them to foster a positive, life-long relationship with the subject and have fun. The appreciation and enjoyment of the visual arts enriches all our lives.
- to enable children to record from first-hand experience and from imagination, and to select their own ideas to use in their work;
- to develop creativity and imagination through a range of complex activities;
- to improve the children’s ability to control materials, tools and techniques;
- to increase their critical awareness of the roles and purposes of art and design in different times and cultures;
- to develop increasing confidence in the use of visual and tactile elements and materials;
- To foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and a knowledge of artists, craftspeople and designers.