Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 1 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Phonics play are offering access to all their phonics games for free using the following log in details.
Free phonics webinar session
If you are struggling with what phonics is and how to teach it here is some details of some free training for parents
Free phonics webinar session for parents 12th Jan 8-8.45pm
Free phonics webinar session for parents 14th Jan 8-8.45pm
Free phonics webinar session for parents 19th Jan 8-8.45pm
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Our year 1 team are:
- Mrs Reddin ( Class Teacher)
- Mrs Judge ( Teaching Assistant)
- Mr Rigby (one to one support)
- Miss Hughes (one to one support)
- Miss Jones (one to one support pm)
We are now into the second part of Autumn term and the children have produced some lovely work this term. We have lots of exciting lessons planned across the curriculum for the next few weeks.
This half term our core texts is ‘The Adventures of Egg Box Dragon’ by Richard Adams, which is about a dragon made out of egg boxes that comes to life and has a magic power. The children will be writing instructions, character descriptions, recounts and story writing. So far the children have really enjoyed the text.
The children will have daily phonics to help them develop their reading skills. Please practise with your child at home and read as much as you can. At the end of year 1 the children will have a phonics screening test. I will be sending activities home soon to keep at home and practise regularly.
In maths we will be learning about addition and subtraction, shape and number (place value within 20). The children will have lots of opportunities to reason and solve problems. We will also be working really hard to practise counting forwards and backwards (within 100) and counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
Come and See
In our Come and See our topics are ‘Belonging’ where the children will learn all about the Sacrament of Baptism and ‘Waiting’ where we learn all about Advent and the Christmas story.
In science we are learning about materials and their properties. The children will become familiar with understanding what materials everyday objects are made from and the suitability of these.
In geography the children will be learning about the different weather around the world and in our country. They will look closer at seasons and the types of activities we do in certain weather and the types of clothes we wear. We will also be looking at extreme weather conditions and exploring weather symbols used in forecasts.
- Snack is 50p per week
- Reading books are changed on a daily basis. Please ensure you read with your child as often as possible. Year 1 is an important year and their ability to learn to read and blend sounds is crucial.
- Homework- spellings will be given out every Monday in preparation for a test every Friday. Please ensure spellings are learnt at home every day.
- PE day is Wednesday. The children can come into school dressed for PE in dark leggings or jogging bottoms, their PE top and school jumper and trainers. Pumps may be brought in and left in school with their names on.
Thank you for your cooperation, please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance with anything.