Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 25th Jan 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 2 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Phonics play are offering access to all their phonics games for free using the following log in details.
Free phonics webinar session
If you are struggling with what phonics is and how to teach it here is some details of some free training for parents
Free phonics webinar session for parents 12th Jan 8-8.45pm
Free phonics webinar session for parents 14th Jan 8-8.45pm
Free phonics webinar session for parents 19th Jan 8-8.45pm
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Welcome back to a brand new school year. The children look so smart and are settling well into year 2. We have lots of exciting lessons planned across the curriculum for the next seven weeks. The children are excited to start working hard again.
Teacher: Miss. Green
Teaching assistant: Mrs. Westwood
Come and see
In our Come and See our first topic is all about Beginnings. The children will be reflecting on new beginnings in their lives and how the world began. We will also be learning about signs and symbols and the sacrament of Baptism.
In maths we will be learning about place value, addition and subtraction and the children will have lots of opportunities to reason and solve problems. We will also be working really hard to practise our 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
This half term our core text is ‘Robot and the bluebird’ by David Lucas, which is about a robot whose broken heart is healed by the companionship of a little bluebird. The children will be exploring character descriptions, non-chronological report writing and retelling the story from a different perspective. So far the children have really enjoyed the text.
In science we are learning about Uses of everyday materials. We will be learning about the properties of various materials and why these are suitable for certain objects. The children will be taking part in investigations and lots of practical activities.
In geography the children will be learning about Continents and Oceans of the world. They will learn about climate zones, human and physical features and will produce an information poster for a travel brochure about one of the continents.
- Snack is 50p per week
- Reading books are changed on a daily basis. Please ensure you read with your child as often as possible. Year 2 is an important year and their ability to read and understand texts is crucial.
- Homework- spellings and times table homework will be given out every Thursday to be returned for the following Friday. Please ensure green homework books are returned regularly so new homework can be put into their books ready to go home the following week.
- Every child has a mathletics password and a table rockstars password, which can be accessed at home. User names and passwords have been given to each child in year 2. Please come and see me if you need this information resending.
- PE- PE days are Tuesdays. Please ensure children come into school in their PE kits in on these days.