Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Maths and English Workbook 1 | Maths and English Workbook 1 Answers
- Year 3 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 3 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 3 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Phonics play are offering access to all their phonics games for free using the following log in details.
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Welcome to Year 3!
It’s lovely to have all of our children back!
The children have made a great start to life in the juniors and are coping really well with all of the changes put in place.
The Year 3 Team
Class teacher: Mrs Ormandy
Support Staff: Mrs Reid and Mrs Griffiths
- Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division
- Pugs of the Frozen North
- Rocks and Soils
Come and See Topics: Homes, Promises, Visitors
Other Faith Week: Judaism
History: The Stone-age
Art & Design: Stone-age cave paintings inspired by the cave paintings at Las Caux France.
Geography: Extreme Earth (Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis)
Design &Technology: The children will enjoy a DT day on Textiles.
P.E Day: Monday: 1st Half term – Athletics / 2nd Half term – Dance
Children are required to come into school wearing their PE kit. They can wear trainers and are asked to bring in pumps in a bag that can be kept in school for indoor lessons. Please put your child’s name inside each pump.
IT: This term we will be enjoying a computer day with a specialist teacher from the CLC who will be coming in to class to spend a day teaching a topic called ‘We Love Games’.
(In this apptivity children will use gaming apps to develop computational thinking skills and develop a simple program as a final project.)
Spellings & Times tables: Due to given circumstances the children will not be getting any homework but they will be given spellings each week to practice and we encourage them to practice times tables and use TTRS (Times Table Rockstars).
Reading Books: The children are asked not to bring their book bags into school. When they return their books they will be placed into a separate box and not put back until the following week. New books will be given on either a Tuesday or Thursday.
We encourage you to please read at home as much as possible with your child.