Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
The Year Four Team:
Class Teacher: Mrs Darsey
Hello and welcome to the Year Four class page!
We hope you have all enjoyed our first month back at school, we know we certainly have! Here’s what is going on for our Year for class for the rest of the Autumn term!
Kirkby Gallery: As budding artists we are heading to the Kirkby Gallery to take part in some workshops linked to the current Made on Merseyside exhibition – the children are really looking forward to learning outside of the classroom.
The children were set an exciting challenge by the WOW team last week – to try and walk to school at least once per week! As expected the children can’t wait to get started and meet this challenge! Let’s do this Year 4!
Autumn Term Learning
Come and See – In Come and See this term we will be learning about all the special people on Jesus’s family tree through our ‘People’ topic. We will also be exploring our purpose and mission through out ‘Called’ topic.
Maths – As mathematicians, we will;
- count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25 and 1000
- find 1000 more or less than a given number
- count backwards through zero to include negative numbers
- recognise the place value of each digit in a four-digit number (thousands, hundreds, tens, and ones)
- order and compare numbers beyond 1000
- identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
- round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000
- solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above and with increasingly large positive numbers.
English – In English we will be learning to rewrite a story in our own words based on our core text Lila and the Secret of Rain. As well as this, we will be writing a Recount based on our second core text – Town is by the Sea.
Science – As Scientists we will be exploring the three states of matter, even exploring whether gases have a weight. We will also be studying electricity and using batteries to make complete circuits.
Geography – Through geography we will be exploring all about water, we will even make our own water cycles – inside a sandwich bag!
History – As historians, we will be exploring The Roman Empire and learning about what effects the Romans had on Britain. We will also be discovering the festival of Saturnalia and its link to our modern day Christmas’s!
Music – Through the power of music we are going to learn how to play a Mama Mia on a Glockenspiel and put on a performance with us singing along and maybe having a dance too!
Homework – Sent out Friday to be returned the following Thursday.
Spellings – Sent out Friday to be tested on them the following Friday.
Reading Books – Aim to read two pages per night. Reading books will be changed every Monday and Thursday.
Times Tables Rockstars – Children have their log in’s stuck on to their homework books.
How Can You Help?
Read daily with your child where possible!
Lots of times tables practice ready for our test in June!