Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Year 6 team
Mrs Wynne (Class Teacher)
Mrs Crozier (Teaching Assistant)
Welcome to Year 6!
We have had a fabulous start to year 6, our children have adapted well to their new surroundings and routines. We have so much to look forward to this year.
- Homework will be sent home on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday. Homework will comprise of: set games on Mathletics; revision of multiplication facts on Times Table Rock Stars and handwriting practise.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Friday to be tested the following Friday.
- Reading books need to be returned frequently, at least twice per week.
- We encourage one piece of healthy snack and a non-fizzy drink
- Swimming 14/10/2019 to 24/10/2019.
- SATS Week 11/5/2020.
- Robinwood residential 18th-20th May 2020.
We are proud to be a part of the ‘Shakespeare School’s Festival. Led by Mrs Darsey, our talented children will perform ‘The Tempest’. The performance is on Friday 22nd November 2019, remember to buy your tickets!
Learning in the autumn term:
Our current core text will be Shackleton’s Journey. This non-fiction text is about Ernest Shackleton’s attempt to be the first expedition team to cross Antarctica. We will then explore the novel ‘Goodnight Mister Tom’ by Michelle Magorian, which is based around the time of WW2.
We will be learning about number (place value); developing our understanding of the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division); fractions and geometry- position and direction. Throughout the week we will practise our arithmetic skills.
Our children have their own login to Mathletics and Times Table Rock Stars, these can be found in homework folders.
https://ttrockstars.com/home (use our school postcode L32 9PF)
During the autumn term we will be learning about light and the classification of living things. Children will have opportunities to take part in some fun scientific activities and experiments.
Come and See
Our topics for autumn are:
- Vocation and Commitment
Children will refine their invasion games’ skills throughout the term. We will also have swimming lessons commencing 14th October to 24th October (except Fridays).
In our topic of Rivers we will be learning about how rivers are formed, the uses of rivers, the impact of damming and researching famous rivers of the world.
Alongside our core text ‘Goodnight Mister Tom’, we will be learning about the events of WW2.
Our artist study is Katsushika Hokusai, we will be exploring the wonderful Japanese water art.
To celebrate ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ we will be deigning and making Christmas Stockings.
We will be learning Spanish greetings.