Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Online Learning Tasks
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 15th March 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 1st March 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 22nd Feb 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 8th Feb 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 1st Feb 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 25th Jan 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 18th Jan 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 11th Jan 2021)
- Year 6 Home Learning (w/c 4th Jan 2021)
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Welcome to Year 6!
We are now into the spring term. A huge well done to all of our children for making lots of amazing progress last term, not only have they been super learners but they have also shown great resilience in such challenging times. We are so proud of you! Year 6 have adapted well to their new surroundings and routines both at home and in school! Last term, the children worked incredibly hard to improve upon their personal best and have shown us how mature they have become. This term we have lots of exciting lessons planned across the curriculum over the coming weeks, and we are looking forward to making lots of amazing memories and achieving more than ever. We know Year 6 will continue to be Ready, Respectful and Resilient.
Our Year 6 team:
Teachers: Mr Pearce / Miss Bradshaw
Support staff: Mrs Crozier / Mrs Cummings / Mrs Linford / Mr Moorhouse
PE – Our PE day in now every Tuesday. Children should come into school wearing their full PE kit. They will remain in their kit all day.
- Spellings – These will be sent home on a Monday and should be practised throughout the week, ready for their test on a Friday
- Snack – Children should bring a ‘healthy’ snack and non-fizzy drink
- Reading books – These should be returned as regularly as possible and will be placed in the isolation box when returned to school
- Robinwood residential trip – This has been provisionally booked for the week beginning 17thMay 2021
In the event of a class isolation period (if a child or staff member in our bubble tests positive) or another local lockdown occurs then the children will be expected to access their google drive page/SATs companion platform. All children have been given a booklet to take home that has instructions on how to access their home learning.
During this term we will be learning about fractions, geometry – position and direction, decimals, percentages and algebra. Throughout the week we will practise our arithmetic skills. Our children have their own login to Mathletics, Times Table Rock Stars and SATs companion. These can be found in their covid-19 books sent home.
https://ttrockstars.com/home (use our school postcode L32 9PF)
Our current core text is the novel ‘PAX’ by Sara Pennypacker, which links to the theme of war. This heart-braking story revolves around a young boy called Peter and his beloved pet fox. Once we have finished PAX we will then move onto ‘Varmints’, written by Helen Ward and Marc Craste. In this beautifully illustrated book, the children will learn how Varmints‘ peaceful home is destroyed by the others, who construct a concrete city on the once calm land.
During this term, the children will work scientifically to learn about Animals including humans. They will focus on the circulatory system, how it works and how exercise affects our bodies. Year 6 will also be learning about how to keep healthy and how lifestyle choices can affect our health.
Come and See:
Our wonderful spring topics include: Sources, Unity and Death and New Life.
During this term, Year 6 will be learning dance. They will learn about various dance moves and perform their own unique routine. The children will also be learning about fitness and how we use fitness to improve our health.
In our topic of the Amazing Americas, the children will learn about North and South America, focusing on the countries that form them. They will explore the landscape, climate and locations of each area.
During the spring term, Year 6 will be learning about ancient civilisations (Maya). They will explore who the Mayan people were and how they lived. They will also discover the famous work of explores John Lloyd Stephens and Frederick Catherwood.
In art we will be looking at the famous work of artist Jean Baptise-Simeon. Our focus technique will be learning how to create still life pieces of art.
During this term, Year 6 will be exploring health and diet in DT. The children will focus on global food culture.