Our Class Blog:
A fantastic way to keep in touch with you teachers and class friends!
Home learning ideas
- Google Drive access log in information
- Google Drive Children’s Instructions
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page it’s access to a free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old.
- Maths Home Learning (White Rose Maths)
- Premier League Primary Stars
- ALPSIT Home learning pack
- Life Skills Challenge
- Follow this link for great ways to keep fit and active at home: https://www.getset.co.uk/resources/travel-to-tokyo/indoor-activity
- Resources for parents
Welcome to Year 6!
We have had an excellent start to Year 6, our children have adapted well to their new surroundings and routines. We are so proud of them! We are really looking forward to the new school year, we hope to make lots of amazing memories and achieve more than ever before!
Our Year 6 team:
Teachers: Miss Bradshaw / Mr Pearce
Support staff: Mrs Crozier, Mr Moorhouse, Mrs Linford
- PE – Our PE day is every Wednesday. Children should come into school wearing their PE kit. They will remain in their kit all day
- Spellings – These will be sent home on a Friday and should be practised throughout the next week ready for the test that following Friday
- Snack – Children should bring a ‘healthy’ snack and non-fizzy drink
- Reading books – These should be returned as regularly as possible on a FRIDAY
- SATs – They will commence the week beginning 10th May 2021
- Robinwood residential trip – This has been provisionally booked for the week beginning 17th May 2021
In the event of a class isolation period (if a child or staff member in our bubble tests positive) or another local lockdown occurs then the children will be expected to access their google drive page. All children have been given a booklet to take home that has instructions on how to access their home learning.
We will be learning about number (place value); developing our understanding of the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division); fractions and geometry- position and direction. Throughout the week we will practise our arithmetic skills.
Our children have their own login to Mathletics and Times Table Rock Stars, these can be found in their covid-19 books sent home.
https://ttrockstars.com/home (use our school postcode L32 9PF)
Our current core text is Shackleton’s Journey. This non-fiction text is about Ernest Shackleton’s attempt to be the first expedition team to cross Antarctica. We will then explore the novel ‘PAX’ by Sara Pennypacker which links to the theme of war.
During the autumn term we will be learning about light and the classification of living things. Children will have opportunities to take part in some fun scientific activities and experiments.
Come and See:
Our autumn topics include: Loving, Judaism, Vocation and Commitment, Expectations.
Children will be learning different skills involved with invasion games. Then they will move onto dance and learn a unique routine.
In our topic of Rivers we will be learning about how rivers are formed, the uses of rivers, the impact of damming and researching famous rivers of the world.
The children will be learning about WW2 during the second half of autumn term. This will go alongside our core text of PAX.
The artist we will be focusing on this term will be Claude Monet. We will be learning all about his painting techniques and unique style.
To celebrate ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ we will be deigning and making Christmas Stockings.